Peavey ULTRA PLUS crunch sw problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey ULTRA PLUS crunch sw problem

I have a Peavey ULTRA plus. When I push the CRUNCH switch, the crunch volume & gain have no effect (these controls are not responding).

When I push the CLEAN Switch in .... I can hear the relay clicking.
    When I push the ULTRA switch ........ I can hear the relay clicking.
    When I push the CRUNCH switch .... there is no relay clicking

Can you help me ?

Q5, Q6 and Q7 seems OK

Thanks

The Crunch channel can only be accessed using the foot switch.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Peavey ULTRA PLUS 'crunch' switch

[QUOTE=Enzo;3429]The Crunch channel can only be accessed using the foot switch.

Hi !

Thanks for the reply.

What is the purpose of the 'crunch' switch located on the front face ????

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Amptek View Post
        What is the purpose of the 'crunch' switch located on the front face ????
        From the manual (page 4), it "Boosts the overall system gain of the Crunch Channel."

Comment

Yes, the panel switch is a gain boost switch, not a channel select. Once you get it into crunch, then the crunch gain switch will have an affect.

Not only that but the coolest part of the Ultra PLus is the color changing logo. The light up name changes colors when you change channels - but only with the footswitch.

Get yourself a FS for this amp.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks !

Tell me if I'm right ... To get the crunch ... I need the FS ? Once I get the crunch ... the 'gain boost switch' (crunch gain switch) will have an effect ?

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, the crunch gain switch only affects the crunch channel, and you have to use the FS to get there.

A number of PV amps are like that. Rather than have a more complex switching arrangement on the panel, they expect you to use the FS. kinda like your TV - without the remote you pretty much have up down on the channel and the volume and on/off. With the remote you can do all kinds of things.

Comment

Peavey Ultra Plus

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X