Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F3 did it realy exist?

Hi everybody!

Some people talked about 5F3 long time ago on the old ampage. Did it realy exist?

Thanks.

Max.

My feeling is yes, but I've never seen an amp with a 5F3 tube chart (most likely Fender still had enough 5E3 charts to see them thru, like the first SF amps that still had AB763 tube charts despite a new circuit). However, the only difference between 5E3 & 5F3 is supposed to be plate voltages and I've seen late '59 amp that ran 410vdc (measured to ground) on the plates and a mid '60 amp (also higher than expected B+) with a Schumacher OT with endbells that I have no reason to believe was non original (5E3s should all have OT's without end bells as stock).

5F3 was supposed to have come in some time in '58, I think...feel free to corect me on that.

Comment

A lot of the first SF amps actually still had the AB763 circuit with the SF cosmetics.CBS didnt go to the dreaded SF circuits for a few years after the takeover.The 5F3 came in sometime in '58 thru '60 and had higher voltages,but otherwise was the same as the 5E3,circuitwise.I always thought all the Tweeds had Triad tranny's,but as we know there are a lot of "exceptions" to any rules of thumb concerning Fender.It is possible that they never even made a 5F3 tube chart,since they were notorious for using up old charts in newer versions and just writing in the new specs in pencil,they wasted nothing.

Comment

I hope this doesn't confuse this thread but I own a Deluxe that has a tube chart that says 5F6. The date stamp is HB which I think means February 1958. When I got the amp it had a bad (open type) OT, open on one side, and the screen resistor was slightly burned so that you couldn't tell if it was a 4.7K or a 470. Otherwise it seems to be just like any other 5E3. There is a 5 written in ink just before the HB rubber stamping. Wiring by Lilly.
        Attached Files
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Whoah, that's weird!

Comment

That sure is wierd,a 5F6 is a Bassman,not a Deluxe.

Comment

My pal has Blues Deville with AB763 Deluxe tube chart, showing 6 preamp tubes, a tube rectifier & 6V6s! I don't take tube charts too seriously...the amp is what it is on the inside.

Comment

Working...
              X