No announcement yet.

Prince O' Wails Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi eschertron. Here is the accompanying text that was written for the POW build. Maybe it will be of some help in the thought process behind this circuit? Any help or tips/tricks would be of much appreciation!

Dale

pow_txt.doc

Comment

Originally posted by tubedood View Post
      Hi eschertron. Here is the accompanying text that was written for the POW build. Maybe it will be of some help in the thought process behind this circuit? Any help or tips/tricks would be of much appreciation!

Dale
      Excellent walkthrough document! I now know that the stock Princeton is fixed bias. Wouldn't have guessed that, but better for max cleans? Converting to cathode bias gives some extra compression (NFB) to the output. Yeah, I like that kind of tone too! Reading about the other changes I agree with McIntyre that it's a whole different amp. DARN. Now I'm going to have to get a Princeton (or other 2x6V6) kit and build one of these.

How many MEFer's, I wonder, have built one of these?
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Lets do a group build! Any tips on the preferred transformer set for this? I should start ordering parts this next few weeks. I was thinking a classictone set.

Comment

One more page from the original texts for this build...

Click image for larger version

Name:	pow_dia1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	843154

Comment

As McIntyre asserts a Princeton can be converted over with no drilling, I'm likely to start with a complete kit. BUT. I say that without having even looked at what's available. So I'm open to suggestions as well.
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
            X