Ibanez WH-10 Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez WH-10 Wah

I am trying to source a replacement pot for my WH-10. The pot is a 50k/500k ohm.
    I have a picture of the component http://www.flickr.com/photos/22599540@N05/2178995942/

Any help would be most appreciated

You poor bastard. Ibanez (as you might already know) doesn't have any. I had to fix one of these a few years back and ended up having to slightly modify the pedal to take a pot with a larger bushing. I also had to modify the pot values to get the sweep close to what it needed to be. The pedal worked, but wasn't -quite- as groovy sounding as it was with the original(but deteriorated) pot. You may be able to source dual ganged pots from the same manufacturer and disassemble/reassemble into what you need. The bushing size, shaft size, length, and physical size of the pot housing are critical in this thing. Good luck!

Comment

WH-10 Pot

I've been speaking to a guy at 'banzai effects' and he say's that cloning the WH-10 pot is on his 'to do' list. Hopefully a replacement pot will be available. I'm currently experimenting with a replacement, have found pots that will fit but need to find some that can resemble the taper of the original pot. I've measured the resistance of the 50k part and 500k part every 30 degrees and put it on a graph to show the taper which is like nothing you can buy anywhere. These pots are one off's custom designed for these pedals when they where in production so even if I can make a pot that makes the pedal wah again, it won't be as good as the original taper. I'll send another post if I succeed but I'm really counting on this banzai effects company to come up with a clone.

Comment

If you haven't already, then please sign my petition...........

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/i...h10/index.html

Comment

Ibanez WH10 replacement pot now available.

Ibanez WH 10 WH10 Pot Potentiometer 500K/50K on eBay (end time 04-Nov-09 00:18:51 GMT)

Comment

Working...
          X