Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help trouble shooting blown fuses in solid state amps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The circuit board looks like something from a Crate amp.

Please enlighten us as to what the amp manufacturer & model number is.

Comment

I also would like to know what we are working on. Looks more Japanese to me than Crate, so Samson or Roland or something.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by R.G. View Post

In general, the more forums you submit your problem to, the more confusing the results. The internet is incredibly wide, but it's not very deep.
        LMAO one to remember for future use. Hope you don't mind that I'm going to rip that one

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertone Jockey View Post
          LMAO one to remember for future use. Hope you don't mind that I'm going to rip that one
          You're welcome to use it. I would be a lot better if more people knew and took that one to heart.

The internet runs on amphetamines, rocket fuel, and the Dunning-Krueger effect. So the more widely you look, the more random "experts" you run into.
          Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by R.G. View Post
            You're welcome to use it. I would be a lot better if more people knew and took that one to heart.

The internet runs on amphetamines, rocket fuel, and the Dunning-Krueger effect. So the more widely you look, the more random "experts" you run into.
            A perfect example is our very own SGM. Read with caution.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

So this is the Name that Amp thread? lol...

I am with Enzo on this as it does resemble a Japanese era type amp. I remember working on an old 80's Roland Cube 40 that looks vaguely similar in some instances. Also, CSI tells us the board reads CH60. So, I am putting all my money on Roland Cube CH60, final answer Reeg!
              When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Roland Cube 60

That reverb tank should be a real dead giveaway if you have ever had a Cube 60 open.

The schematic does show F1 & F2 as 5 amp fuses.
                Attached Files

Comment

Must be a different version, there are 4558 dual opamps in his photo.

Comment

Working...
                  X