Guitar Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Pots

What are "good" vol/tone pots for guitar. I know that CTS are the standard 'best'. Am I right on that? What about ALPHA? Shed some light please. What are the 3 top potentiometer manufacturers, in order.

THANKS

"Good" has multiple meanings. For some folks, good is the physical feel of the pot, and how smoothly it moves. For others, good means the electronic taper of the pot and how well or easily it permits dialability of what the player likes to be able to achieve. For others, good means the expected noise-free or problem-free lifespan of the pot. And for others, still, "good" means mechanical construction, or length of threaded collet (for slipping through the hole in the top of the body), or ease of fitting into a given defined space.

What do you need this pot to do for you? E.g., do you need it to fit into a LP or clone? Do you want it for pinky volume swells on a Tele? Do you want to be able to dial in subtle differences in treble cut? Do you need it to take a lot of physical abuse? Do you need it to be absolutely guaranteed as crackle-free for 10 years?

Comment

I'll rephrase the question:
      What is an ideal pot for guitar, in general. Brand-wise is what I'm talking about. I hear a lot about CTS.

but since you mention it... what would be a good pot for volume swells?

Comment

Working...
      X