Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone or Tusq ?

http://www.graphtech.com/tusq_info.php

Have any of you guys tried a Tusq nut on your electric ?
    I'm thinking of tryin' one on a tele.
    I like bone. Will I like Tusq ?

JJ

got one on a electric bozouki have not tried a bone nut on this one so tone wise it don't sound bad but it was much less work to shape the nut so it is a bit softer but not as soft as a plastic nut it seems to have good lubricative qualitys as i like to crank my pegheads on these things back a bit morethan is considered kosher by most (20 degrees or so) if this is going on a axe with a wiggle stick is worth a try but i still prefer bone as i can and have but do not try to build vegan or animal freindly axes and bone is tried and true

Comment

Whammy

It's a tele with NO whammy bar.
      I have bone on it,which I like. I am wondering if Tusq is better.

JJ

Comment

not from my experience in fact i am thinking of replacing the micarta nut on my tele with bone but have not talked myself into it when i build my new tele it will definitly have a bone nut but i have no clue how ling the new one will stay around but thats life

Comment

I've had tusq and bone saddles on my larrivee acoustic. I prefer the sound of the bone. I don't know how noticeable it would be on a tele, never had anything but the stock saddles on mine. What kind of a bridge are you running?

Comment

Bridge

I'm running a badass type G&L bridge with steel saddles.

JJ

Comment

Tusq is supposed to be better for electric acoustic saddles because it's more uniform.

I think either would be fine for a nut. I use corian a lot myself.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Bone

I already know I like bone.
                I was just wondering if I might like something else on a tele.
                Most folks seem to use the other materials on acoustics and on whammy bar guitars for the lubrication.

JJ

Comment

Working...
                X