Tilting pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilting pickups

One of the many reasons why a SC pickup has a different tone than a dual-coil HB is because the full sensing area lies directly under the string by virtue of the sort of "U-turn" arrengement that two sets of polepieces coupled to a common bar magnet conveniently creates. In contrast, the string is essentially at right angles to the sensing area of a SC pickup.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have ever dickered around with tilting a SC pickup by some amount less than 90 degrees such that it did not have the full sensing area equally placed below the string, but had more of it placed there?

Hi Mark,

I've tried something with one-coil-per-pole coils (messing about) at various angles, trying to find something a bit different but didn't think to listen for that "humbucker?" type of sound.

Not the same thing I know but it made me think it would be interesting to try a variable width humbucker with two single coils that might have a separation up to 4" between poles or so.

Having re-read that there might be only me who knows where the hell that came from.

S.

Comment

Working...
    X