Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting iMac to Tapco mixer

Greetings!

I'm a new iMac convert (at least for my home computer). I want to hook it into my Tapco mixer. I want to go both ways with sound. That is, output from my iMac to my powered speakers, AND input/record sound on my iMac from anything that is connected to my mixer.

Can this be done? If so, what cables do I need and where do I get them? Etc...

Thanks for your help.

Gary

hi

just seen this old post.

For the recording - you can make up a cable that takes 1 mono cable from both L and R mixer (main or other line signal) outs and run it to one 3.5m stereo mini phono jack (with the mini plug ground taking both mono grounds - you have to use mini coax cable) and whack that into your iMac mic insert. (The iMac/eMac mic insert needs an input that has a bit of line level in it) (Works for me)

For the playback - depends on whether you want to play it back through monitors, or phones. (When recording I use phones straight from the Mac phone out. This way I get to hear the tracks already laid down in the phones, without getting cross talk back into each new track. I knowe there's probably a fancier way - but I'm just too plain lazy most of the time to bother ;-0
    )
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
    X