5f1 output trans wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5f1 output trans wiring

I got a mercury magnetics OT for a 5F1 champ but don't know how to wire it correctly. It's a FTCHO-5M and there are 4 wires. one side has a blue and red and the other orange and black. The layout shows the red and blue but doesn't say which color for the speaker jack. According to the drawing the red goes to the first filter cap and the blue to #3 on the 6V6. What about the others? Another thing where can you get a voume/on, off switch?

I got mine from Mouser. I think Hoffman has them too and he's great to deal with...

Part number: 31XP601-F
    Desc.: Taiwan Alpha 24mm Carbon Potentiometers Audio W/SW 1MEG Solder Lugs

I'm interested on the transformer question too, but an e-mail to Paul might solve this in a second...

All the best
    fabiomayo

Comment

BTW the black probably goes to ground (speaker jack sleeve) and the orange is the hot output (8 ohms in your case, right?).

I am probably wrong but I didn't think it mattered about the other two wires...

(oh boy, my build is gonna cause a few flames and require some band-aids )
      fabiomayo

Comment

Yes the black is grounded and the orange would be the "hot" output.But if it is for a Champ it is most likely a 4ohm output.Using an 8ohm speaker wont hurt anything but if it is an 8ohm tranny and you use a 4ohm speaker your power tubes will have a shorter life.For the switch/volume pot try Weber at http://www.tedweber.com/

Comment

Yes the black is the ground for the speaker and the orangge is hot. I wired the red to the B+ and blue to the 6V6. BTW the trans I have is made for 8 ohms but the original is 4ohms. I don't have a cabinet for it yet but will probably get a tweed deluxe cab with a cut out for the champ chassis.

Comment

Working...
          X