Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Samples, Anyone?

Hey Guys,

Guitar Jones is testing some new covers right now.

Free samples (2 Nickel plated Nickel Silver Gibson PAF-Spaced) are being given away to the first 20 people who request them. No strings attached.

Please check out the covers and compare to the ones you've been using so far - including the ones you are currently getting from GJ.

Feel free to post your finding on this forum, but I'd prefer PM's as some of you have contacted me or via conventional email.

Send your free sample request to info@guitarjonesusa.com.

This is not a gimmick to make new customers since most people who post on this forum are on our customer list already.

Best regards,

Pat
    Guitar Jones

p.s. GJ is eating the shipping cost too.
    Last edited by Patrick Bae; 02-01-2008, 04:35 PM.
    sigpic

Samples going out today via USPS...

We've decided to increase the quota to 30 people ( 60 covers) as someone requested. There's still several sets left. Please act now.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Pat!!

Comment

sample covers...

To clear up some confusion, the covers are 1-15/16" or 49.2mm - CHROME, not nickel as mentioned in the original thread, sorry.

We realize not many of you stock 49.2mm bobbins. We're sending out 2 covers, 2 sets of bobbins and keepers.

Pat
        sigpic

Comment

What, no screws?
          I was about to jump all over this last night for purely selfish reasons, but as a hobbyist thought better of it to let GJ get more feedback from the pros.

Comment

Free Sample Give Away Has Ended....

Thanks everyone for participating.

The sample packages will go out today.

Pat
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Pat; What's up with your website?

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

Thanks! I got them, but I won't be able to wind 'em up until I get the other necessary parts. I will post when I get them together.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Don

Comment

Originally posted by idylldon View Post
                    Thanks! I got them, but I won't be able to wind 'em up until I get the other necessary parts. I will post when I get them together.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Don
                    Yep, same here, I dont have the proper size baseplates to wind them up and put them together with.

Comment

yes you do....

50mm baseplates should work, there's a wide tolerance to the holes in them....
                      http://www.SDpickups.com
                      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Free covers

Got mine yesterday pm, and they look quite pretty...come pre scratched on the inside at the two solder points, the pair of supplied black bobbins fit in there nice and snug, and the keepers look nice and cleanly made.
                        Will wind mine up in next couple of days...got some nice old PE on a small 500g reel sitting waiting for a project !
                        Will feedback after I (and some good local ears) have had chance to hear them at volume..
                        Many thanks Pat....opportunity to test is v.much appreciated....think we should all give a big thumbs up to GJ (and hope 2008 will bring many more of such opportunities!?).

Comment

Here, Here!!
                          It's just wire wrapped around some magnets!

Comment

A mixture of good and bad really.

The bobbins are bad. Having the end cut off the bottom of the bobbin end is plain dumb.

The covers are good except for the copper plate. This is only used to make it easier to get a smooth surface for chrome or nickel plating. PAFs did not have any copper plate on the cover.

The nickel silver under the copper at least looks the right colour.....I'm not going to have time to get it tested for nickel content and would be extremely reluctant to spend any time or money on it.

So, covers OK. Copper plate bad, covers could be better. Bobbins bad, bad, bad.

I'm delighted to see that GJ have made a serious effort here and I applaud them for it. I'd be even happier if the could just go the final mile.
                            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
                            X