? on final assembly for 5e7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on final assembly for 5e7

My board is wired and ready to install, trannies mounted. I have a question about the center tap and choke wires. There are under board wires located at the 10K resister and the 16 UF cap where the choke is wired in, also at the 22Uf and 16 cap for the choke. What is the best or prefered method for making those connections. I am concerned about losing the under wire connections when I install the tap and choke wires.

Thanks John

Original wiring method

John,
    By "under board" I assume that you mean the wires between the eyelet board and the insulator board. There are quite a few of these in the 5E7 layout.

Fender used solid core wire and it was bent over at the top of the eyelet back in the direction from whence it came. That little bit of hook in the solid wire held everything in place quite well. If you use the same assembly technique you should have no problem with the under board wires coming loose even when you solder in the choke wires. In fact, they are darn difficult to remove even when you want to get them out. The under board wires just need to be snug. No need to pull them real tight.

Hope that makes sense and answers you question.
    Tom

Comment

final assembly ?

Tom thanks for the reply. That,s so simple it makes a lot of sense. I might just replace the few wires in those two spots. I learn something new on every build.

Thanks

John.

Comment

Cool. let me know how it works out. I think the 5E7 circuit sounds really nice.
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X