Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

42awg Plain Enamel Wire in small quantities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42awg Plain Enamel Wire in small quantities?

Hello everyone,

Anyone know where I could buy a small spool of 42 Plain Enamel. I only want about 1lb. On a similar topic, I saw a shop online called Mojo Musical Supply. They sell a 5lb spool of "Mojo Tone" 42g single build PE for $200. Anyone tried it? It seems finding parts is half the battle.

Thanks in advance for your helpful feedback.

Looks like the same stuff GJ used to sell, if it is, it is not the best you can buy for sure. I use MWS, works great for me........... The spool does not look like MWS, maybe someone else can chime in here.....

Comment

I bought a 2 lb roll of PE off ebay from seller BAEwire, I think it was about $35 per pound, but all they have listed right now is heavy formvar. You could try contacting them.

Based on some threads here a lot of what is sold as PE commonly may not actually be, but if you are just starting there are a lot of other things to worry about.

BTW it looks like Mojo has Alnico 2 rods which I was looking for and stumbled across when I went to their site to check out the wire you were talking about.

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/products.asp?id=13809
      Last edited by Scott S.; 02-05-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X