Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Peavey XR600B

Hi All,

I have a Peavey XR600B PA system and am trying to hook up some monitors for it which are passive (no power). I bought a power amp and tried running through this to the monitors but cannot seem to get the monitors to put out anything once hooked up through the "monitor" output running through the power amp. It seems pretty straight forward but I cannot get it to work! The power amp drives the monitors with other input sources (like direct from the microphone or keyboard) but we cannot get them to work with the PA speakers hooked up as well. Any help to this struggling and relatively newbie would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks Much!

These may be things you've already checked. Did you turn up each monitor level on each channel and the master monitor control when you were checking it? If none of the monitor levels work then the problem has to be located in the master section. The Main out, Monitor out and Effects out all are driven by one quad op amp. Try all these outputs into your power amp and wiggle the plugs while your testing it. Those jacks can be corroded and cause problems. It's possible that the quad op amp is faulty. You've already eliminated the power amp as a problem. If it's a faulty Op Amp, your looking at a easy repair. Probably a bench fee would cover it.

Comment

Especially since in that era Peavey tended to socket their ICs.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks to Twist and Enzo for the advice....I hate to admit this but I was running a "mono" Instrument cable between the power amp and PA.....not a stereo Cable! (I'm new at this stuff!!)

Thanks again!

Comment

I'm glad to hear it's working for you but I'm little confused why you need a stereo cable. It should have worked fine with a mono shielded cable. But anyway, Good Luck.

Comment

well, a friend of mine said that you need a Stereo cable running from the "main" output to the power amp as a Mono won't process any signal at from most PA's and when I switched.....bam it worked! I don't know either....just glad to have it working!

Comment

Working...
            X