Crate BV60 mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate BV60 mod

I'm new here and have searched around for what I'm looking for but can't find anything that pertains to my situation...so please forgive me if I'm asking something that's been asked too many times before.

1. How would I go about modifying a Crate BV60 into a BV120+? Is it even possible?? And increasing wattage/power on my Randall RH100 with or without internal modifications.

2. Is there anyway to reduce the hissy/fuzzy noise I get whenever I'm using the distortion/overdrive? I have the problem w/ all my guitars, more-so w/ my Les Paul and Epiphone Gothic V. My Marshall JCM800 has no noise to speak of nor does my Crate BV60 but all my Randalls tend to be unbearable when using the overdrive. I've tried a noisegate but can't stand to really rip on the strings to transfer the signal. I usually use no effects whatsoever other than what's already in the preamps. I do have an Ibanez PT5 and ART-ECC and they make matters worse it seems.

Any help pertaining to what I've asked would be hella appreciated!!

Thank you 10-fold,
    Brandon K

There's two versions of the BV series, the first one has 5 preamp tubes and the last has three preamp tubes. The conversion or mod you talking about dosent sound like a good idea. What I would do is mod the BV60 to get the tone your after and use a second amp for more power if you need it.

What kind of amp is the Randall? If you have a schematic and know how to do mods on amps it should be easy to get rid of the noise. If you can post a link to the schematic I'm sure you'll get alot of good ideas from other members here. Do you have experience with doing amp mods? If not it's probably better to go to a repair guy or get a new one.
    Last edited by Joe; 04-08-2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
      There's two versions of the BV series, the first one has 5 preamp tubes and the last has three preamp tubes.
      About the second version of the BV series; it has 4 tubes (solid-state reverb) and the first version (BV6212) has 5 tubes (12au7 in V3 as 1/2 reverb driver 1/2 post effects- loop driver to the phase inverter).

Comment

Working...
      X