This may be some Jello for thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be some Jello for thought.

I am basically new to this forum and I am a technician, not a pro. I must have you know my abilities before twlling me how to ter into an anp.. That may just be my point. Out of kindness we share our knowlege with people so they can save big bucks by not having to go to the local music store. Case in point. I read an article by a fellow who clearly demonstrated that he has no business on the business end of a 500 volt tranny. Some one responded telling him, in short, to short himeslf to death!

I used to teach and I love to share knowledge. But know who you are talking to as far as thier demonstrated skills in working with high voltage. Measuring 'B voltage' just may kill you if touching the wrong thing.

I'm not sure if this message was brought up before, if so exuse the word spam as I did say I was a noob at this site.

I know we have 'unspoken rules' that prevent the prudent techie from certain demise but they often come in form of some disclaimer at the beginning of the article. Like they say 'don't try this at home,' unless you know what your doing.

I will end shortly but must add that the percentage of people averagely able to work inside a tube amp, in this community is maybe half at best and I am being conservative. That means prevention, like anything else, requires awareness. This is our responsibility when sharing potentially fatal information. Example. I know how to make gun powder and I wouldn't tell you ... HAH ... I saw it in an episode of Star Trek.

-Blackie

So, stay safe, stay well. -Blackie

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Safety is important to all of us, and we frequently will point it out to those who post in a manner that seems to indicate little or no experience. We try to help people at all levels. I for one have a great deal of experience - I have been soldering for over 50 years. But I never fail to learn something from the others every time I log on here. And hopefully the absolute novices who log on can pick up something too.

If we lead off every post with a lengthy safety disclaimer, it would quickly become unwieldy.

Everyone starts somewhere and everyone has to learn. If we were to limit everyone to what they already know, no one would learn anything.

But if you are reading through a thread and see what sems to be an oversight, feel free to enter any safety warnings you feel appropriate, no one will fault you for it. Just check the posting dates - we don't need to warn a guy when it all went down a year ago.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X