Weber low powered tweed twin kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber low powered tweed twin kit

This will be my first build and i am concerned that i won't be able to follow the schematics. Does anyone know if there are instructions out there somewhere to follow? Thanks.

Can you read this?

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/schem/twin_5e8-a_schem.gif

Comment

i'm not really sure. it means nothing to me without seeing all the respective pieces in front of me. Take that for what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Ramey View Post
        i'm not really sure. it means nothing to me without seeing all the respective pieces in front of me. Take that for what you will.

I think you need to learn a bit of electronic schemo reading before atempting to make an amp. Buy yourself a book about newb electronics, the components will be explained there!

Comment

Yeah, but i'd rather learn on the fly... its more fun that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Ramey View Post
            Yeah, but i'd rather learn on the fly... its more fun that way.
            It really isnt fun to get it together and not know why it dont work.The Weber kits come with instructions,schem and layout,no? How do you mean"learn on the fly"?If you have specific questions,there are plenty of people here who will be more than happy to help,but if you are unable to follow the directions that came with the kit or the tips on the Weber site,then like Satamax said...

Comment

Originally posted by stokes View Post
              It really isnt fun to get it together and not know why it dont work.The Weber kits come with instructions,schem and layout,no? How do you mean"learn on the fly"?If you have specific questions,there are plenty of people here who will be more than happy to help,but if you are unable to follow the directions that came with the kit or the tips on the Weber site,then like Satamax said...
              I was told that weber kits only come with the schem, and no directions. Thats why i was initially interested in a mission 5e3 kit. I was able, however, to land an amazing deal on two weber speakers and a weber combo cab, but its too big for a deluxe chasis. A tweed super or twin would fit perfectly thought. So tweed twin in what its looking like. Weber is the only one i know that makes the twin kit. which leads me to my problem, the lack of directions with said kit.
              Last edited by Ted_Ramey; 02-22-2008, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Ted, please don't be a fool, buy a litle book which explains the symbols and what they are, that must be cheap, and then you'll be able to read a schematic. I don't ask you to understands complex functions of a circuit, just to be able to identify the parts. Normaly with that skill and a litle common sense, plus dedication and precision you should be able to build the kit with the infos provided Weber schemo and layout.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/5e8a_schem.jpg

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/5e8a_layout.jpg

The schemo to see what part is where in the circuit and the layout to see where it is physicaly. The big problem with kits for people usualy lies in the fact that they think it's easy and misplace one or several components or wire. And sometimes the result is either non working amps, fire or burnt expensive components like power transformer. If you don't want to make the effort to learn to identify the components on a schemo, you'd be better off paying someone to assemble your kit, it's worthless to make an amp and not being able to reproduce it another day without the explanations you might have been given. Plus you'd be comming here not able to understand directions given by nice people who haven't seen a dime of your cash nor Weber's, and you'd be waisting their time, just because you don't want to do a slight easy primary work of being able to identify the components and conventions in drawing a circuit.

Best of luck.

Comment

oh, i'm fine with learning the necessary language and thats what i want to do, i'm just not the type who would get scared by a challenge, thats what i mean by saying i'd rather learn on the fly. I learn best by doing. Obviously i wouldn't be stupid about this and waste my money or other people's time. can you recommend a book on reading amp schematics? I've often heard people reference the RCA guide to aplification or something similar.

Comment

Hi Ted, forget about RDH4 for the moment and even it's previous incarnations.

May be something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Wi...3717991&sr=8-1 But i think it's too advanced for what you need to know now. Some of the guys here will most certainly reccomend some book well known in the US, remember i'm not a native english speaker, and don't know much about the culture of electronics on teh other side of the pond. There's another thing to do which is free, read the whole Ampage reading list if it still exists. Look here for updates http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...8924#post48924

Bye.

Max.

Comment

Working...
                    X