Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an existing cab for a 5e3

Hey all,
    I have a Bogen cab with 2 Jensen C12PS "special design" gold labels. I've been itching to build a 5e3 with a single 12 in it but I got to thinking about just putting that circuit into this cabinet. Then I remembered that some people have built 5e3 with 2x12 and was wondering if that was the same circuit as the the single speaker version. I was also curious if these speakers are good at all to even warrant building an amp for. Anyone have any advice?

Originally posted by hamilcaster View Post
    Hey all,
    I have a Bogen cab with 2 Jensen C12PS "special design" gold labels. I've been itching to build a 5e3 with a single 12 in it but I got to thinking about just putting that circuit into this cabinet. Then I remembered that some people have built 5e3 with 2x12 and was wondering if that was the same circuit as the the single speaker version. I was also curious if these speakers are good at all to even warrant building an amp for. Anyone have any advice?
    Yes, you can use the same circuit but use an output transformer that has the correct secondary tap to maintain at least 6500 to 8500 ohm primary on the two 6V6s.
    The 5E3X2 I designed to use in the the low power, tweed Twin 2x12 cabinet is actually using four 6V6s or two KT66s but with bigger output and power transformers... the rest of the circuit is the same as standard 5E3.
    The C12PS should fine.
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks Bruce. This is the research phase so I'm scoping out all my option. I'm curious how the double tweed (2x the power) sounds compared to a normal 5e3 with 2 speakers.

Comment

Working...
      X