Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an Ampeg V7 Schematic

Hi

Would anyone have a V7 schematic they could send me? I would really appreciate. It needs to include the preamp. I am aware of the one on the net that has just the power amp portion. Im looking for information on the footswitch as well, I guess ill have to make it.

Thanks
    Dennis

I may be wrong, but I think the V7 is just the 100 watt version of the V3. So the V3 preamp schematic is what you want.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The v7 amp has nothing to do with the v3... None of the tubes or controls are the same.

Thanks

Comment

Oh. In my AMpeg book, all I can see is the left half of the panels, which are identical that far. Another view has them with the same layout all the way across, but too small to read the labels. This is from like 1981. Page 234 of Hopkins' book says they are the same but for the power amp. The V3 is a 1x12 and the V7 is a 2x12. Perhaps yours is a later release?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Mine is a MTi Japanese ampeg..

Thanks

Comment

http://www.schematicheaven.com/ampegamps/v7poweramp.pdf
            It's All Over Now

Comment

Hello, I'm new here. Just joined so I could post on this topic. There's next to no information on this amp, and what Google hits there are tend to be questions asked by people who disappeared.

I'm looking for a schematic for this amp as well, really just a diagram for the footswitch would be great. The schematic in the last post was the power section only, that's all I've been able to find. Haven't been able to find much on the MTI V3 either.

Does anyone have a schematic, diagram, or any ideas where I could look for one?

Thanks.

Comment

I feel your pain...

Originally posted by millu View Post
                Hello, I'm new here. Just joined so I could post on this topic. There's next to no information on this amp, and what Google hits there are tend to be questions asked by people who disappeared.

I'm looking for a schematic for this amp as well, really just a diagram for the footswitch would be great. The schematic in the last post was the power section only, that's all I've been able to find. Haven't been able to find much on the MTI V3 either.

Does anyone have a schematic, diagram, or any ideas where I could look for one?

Thanks.
                I have an old Ampeg/MTI V3 combo (made in Japan back in the early '80s so I've been told) and have searched high and low for any info on this amp with no real success. I have heard it is a knock-off of a Marshall design, but I don't know which model. My V3 works pretty well except for the reverb. I have thought about taking it to an amp tech for an overhaul, but I haven't found one that has ever worked on one of these units. I don't want to end up spending more than the thing is actually worth just to get the reverb issue resolved. I would re-tube it myself but I can't find any info on setting the bias for the power tubes. I'm amazed that there isn't any info available for these amps. It almost seems like there were only a handful produced...

Comment

Originally posted by LJGriggs View Post
                  My V3 works pretty well except for the reverb. I have thought about taking it to an amp tech for an overhaul, but I haven't found one that has ever worked on one of these units. I don't want to end up spending more than the thing is actually worth just to get the reverb issue resolved. I would re-tube it myself but I can't find any info on setting the bias for the power tubes. I'm amazed that there isn't any info available for these amps. It almost seems like there were only a handful produced...
                  Any experienced tech should be able to fix your reverb, as there really aren't that many things to go wrong with the circuit. In fact 90% of all reverb problems tend to be mechanical in nature, broken wires, springs, bad connections, etc.

The real problem with that series of amps is the replacement of major parts, like transformers. And yes, that series of amps all seem to be based on the Bassman/Marshall circuit, and not the original Ampeg designs.

As for retubing, the bias setting instructions would be the same as for any other tube amp. The only problem could be if the amp does not have a built in bias control pot. Then like in a Mesa Boogie you would have to change a resistor in order to set the bias.

Comment

The only functional problems mine had were a loud hum on Ch 2 and noisy pots. A thorough cleaning took care of both. This is how it looks inside:

Comment

Footswitch is quite simple.
                      You need male XLR 5 jack.
                      Connecting pin 1 (negative) with:
                      - 2 - disables volume 1
                      - 3 - disables volume 2
                      - 4 - disables reeverb.

Of course, you can include some LED's to make it look more funky.

Have fun!

Comment

Awesome. That's all I needed. This head has been used for bass, guitar, and even PA duty when the powered mixer blew up. It's been dependable workhorse, it'll be nice to have some foot control. Thanks loads!

Comment

Ampeg V7 schematics

http://www.vintageampeg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Ampeg-V7-schematic.pdf
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                          X