200S pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200S pictures

Hi Gentlemen, I am a new member and was wondering if anyone has pictures of the inside of a Sunn 200s.I would like to build my very first amp and I cant think of a better one. I have the schematic but I would like a picture of the board layout. If anyone could be of help or direct me to where I can find this info I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
    Rob

The 200S is built on terminal strips with a laced wiring harness. Pictures won't do you much good because all the wires just disappear into a bundle of wire. Weber VST sells kind of a clone kit (6S100?) that is more of a eyelet board type layout. You can look at the layouts there. The Weber kit doesn't use the 6AN8, it uses an EF86 and a 12AU7 driving a pair of KT88s and a Marshall transformer set. It's about half way between a Sunn and a Fender.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Sunn 200s

Thanks Loudthud, that gives me a lead to go on.
      Knob

Comment

If you go here http://sunn.ampage.org/ you can find out more info. This is the real Sunn forum where everyone hangs out at, including Conrad Sundholm, the co-founder of Sunn back in the day.

I have some 200S pics I could email you later tonight if you wanted them? You could build a clone, and use the Triode Electronics transformers and get a very nice sound. If you do the layout the same as Sunn, it is VERY critical to get the layout and wire runs exacty the same or it will oscillate. If you build the circuit with a board, it will probably oscillate unless you locate the output transformer more like a Fender. They are a simple amp to build, and are best suited for bass, but can be prone to oscillate unless the layout is just right. Have fun!

Send me a PM with your email addy if you want some pics.

greg

Comment

Working...
        X