Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall vs Marshall - Help Appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall vs Marshall - Help Appreciated!

Hey all.

I plan to buy a new amp within the very near future. Given what is available where I live now (a relatively isolated area of Korea where American made musical instruments, amps and accessories are pricey and kind of hard to track down),

Anyway, I have got it narrowed down to two - the Valvestate VS 100 and the AVT 100. Which of the two is the better choice??? Just curious about other's opinions...

I can't really say I only play one genre, but generally heavy music - I like my distortion. I currently own a piece of junk domestic made Korean amp, but I'm just done with it - I've always wanted a Marshall, and the previously mentionned two are what are available and in my relative price range.

I play a Fender Tele. Been playing off and on for a couple of years, and basically still somewhat of a beginner.

It's kinda hard to find online advice/reviews without salespitches being thrown out, so I'd thought I'd turn to this forum for some advice.

Thanks!!!!

I think alot of people stay away from these kinds of questions because they are so subjective. They know what they like perhaps you won't like. The best thing you can do is go where you can find both amplifiers and A/B test them and see which one you can dial in your desired tone in best. It will be difficult finding unbiased assessments of these amplifiers and you are much better off making the decision on your opinions of the sound. If you can't find a big difference in the sound or a big enough difference then choose the one that has the features you like. Consider the type of playing that you do mostly or plan to do in the future and pick the rig that best meets that need. I have only had brief experience with Marshall amplifiers in general and only had one opportunity to use a solid state model and it wasn't my taste. Test the amplifier with the type of guitar you are going to be using as well because they will react differently and the sound you like might be more based on the guitar then the amplifier. Good luck choosing and don't be afraid to tell the merchant you want to sleep on it before you make a decision.

Comment

Working...
    X