Crate VC50 3x10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate VC50 3x10

I'm haveing a little problem with my Crate. When i turn down the treb,bass & mid down at the same time they work as a volume and turn my amp down . I think it may be a bad pot . Any thoughts?

thanks

has yours just started doing it?

mine does this but I wasn't paying it any attention as I thought it was normal... poss' might not be as bad as yours

Comment

In a Fender style tone stack turning down the treb, bass & middle all the way grounds out the signal, there's nothing left to amplify (Fenders without a middle pot don't suffer with this as the fixed middle resistor still provides a load). If turning up the middle, or the bass restores signal, this sounds relatively normal.

Comment

I think that is the case here, I turn all three down a fair amount to reduce the gain on the dirty channel, but you still have a pretty full sound accross the eq

Comment

Crate VC50 3x10

I purchased the amp used and didn't notice it until now. If i turn the the treb & bass all the way down on the clean channel this doesnt happen. Why would one operate different than the other? I don't think it's normal but i could be wrong.

thanks

Comment

I think its like mwjb says, no mid control just treble and bass

Comment

Crate CV50 3x10

I feel like a dum ass i called the Crate amp co. direct and found out it is operating normaly . Soory for wasting your time

keith

Comment

not a waste, I didn't know either

Comment

In a channell with ONLY bass and treble controls, there is a resistor instead of a MID control. SInce you can't turn a resistor down to zero, you can turn the bass and treb all the way down and still get something. On th BMT stack, turning all of them to zero gets you no sound.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                  X