• Show
Clear All

• Dumble like Mod for Fender Deluxe Reverb

For your information.

Fender AB673 Normal Channel Mod

http://www.qrp.pops.net/jazzamp.asp

Kind regards,

Mary

Nice article! A good read. Thanks for posting Mary.

I agree with your opening statements about the gear's purpose being to please the operator. It should be that way. Serious owners shouldn't be slaves to Ebay!

People are always yanging at me about punching holes in the chassis of my amps for extra knobs, tubes, jacks or what have you, but I say that if you've spent the money on the amp, chances are you enjoy it and want it bad enough to keep it around. And since you're not sold on selling it, why not make yourself happier with a few convenient additions?

I'm chopping a hole in my Bassman (albeit a SF Bassman from the 80's) for an extra tube and transformer to drive a reverb circuit I'm building in.

As well, I cannot settle on a decent tone circuit for the Bass channel, so I'm going to try using the preamp stage you use in your article, and setting up the second channel to be more like a Twin's bright channel.

That should be a pretty nice contrast

Thanks for the idea!
    Last edited by boyer; 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

I thought that 220k grid stopper on V1b was bypassed with a 500pF cap. The 220k isn't in schematic #2 but AFAIK the Skyliner stack had the 220k//500pF on the grid of the second stage.

I agree about the Deep switch...never used it and yanked it. Since most players tend to stay on the 'Rock' side of Rock/Jazz I never even installed a Rock/Jazz switch. I agree that 500pF bright cap is way too much. I use a 3-position ON-OFF-ON switch and use a 47pF and a 100pF.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Pardise View Post
        For your information.

Fender AB673 Normal Channel Mod

http://www.qrp.pops.net/jazzamp.asp

Kind regards,

Mary
        Mary:
        Tell your uncle he has a very nice web article/site there.

One thing I noticed on his Deluxe amp head build, was that he has mounted the reverb tank with the output transducer under the power transformer. This will cause hum whenever the reverb control is turned up. If he re-mounts the tank with the input side under the transformer, he will reduce the amount of hum from the reverb tank.

Comment

Working...
        X