No announcement yet.

Need Schematic for Ampeg SVT3 (non pro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Schematic for Ampeg SVT3 (non pro)

Hi all.
    I have just been given an SVT 3 which looks in pretty poor condition. I won't even power it up untill I know what I am looking at, so any schematics, layouts, voltages etc would be great thanks.

I am hoping to get it going as I do need a mid level amp, my SVT-CL is just a bit too big and heavy & my self restored Fender 70 Bassman (my fave) is a bit too quiet for some gigs. This one will be a challenge but a good one hopefully. All knobs are missing and I see a bit of rust and dust on the top of the boards, so first will be a damn good clean up, then we get to the fun bit.

Cheers from down under,
    Geoff.

Not sure if they have that exact version, but I've seen SVT schematics at both Hoffmann amps and Schematic Heaven.

Cheers,
    - JJ
    My Momma always said, Stultus est sicut stultus facit

Comment

The SVT3 is solid state - bipolars. The SVT3 Pro has a MOSFET output stage.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi,
        AL30 was kind enough to forward me the correct schematics so all is well now.
        Thanks
        Geoff

Comment

Well the main problem with this amp turned out to be a dicky Effects Return Socket. The preamp was open circuit to the Power amp. Seems to be a common fault.
          I still have some issues with the Graphic EQ, seems to be some extra waveforms being introduced. Will get to that later as I need the bench space at the moment.
          As a valve enthusiast, I find it boring mucking around with transistors, but I have to admit, the amp does sound pretty good.

Cheers
          Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X