Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carvin BelAir Accutronics reverb tank code...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin BelAir Accutronics reverb tank code...?

9GB2C1B

not sure what the input impedance code 'G' means....all the charts I've seen only go up to 'F'. Anyone know?
    Last edited by acorkos; 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM.

Call the tech guys at Carvin and ask them.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have the same issue with a broken reverb tank in my Carvin Nomad amp. I contacted Carvin and they no longer carry reverb tanks. All their newer amps have digital reverb.

Comment

See this thread: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t11878/ It's from 2009, but this thread started in 2008.
        Turn it up so that everything is louder than everything else.

Comment

If you have a broken pan, what is printed on it?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

So I just saw one that just sold July 12 from Glendale, AZ and I actually know that seller. Now maybe someone here will be able to tell if some other model will have similar specs?

This shows what the unit is and some specs.
            TAD 9GB2C1B :: TAD :: Reverb Tanks :: Amp Parts :: Banzai Music GmbH

This shows something that caught my eye that could work, but other members here will know better than I will on this matter.
            https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-RMOD-9EB2C1B
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Axtman - G is high impedance. I had such reverb tank on my bench some months back. If you're looking to buy a new tank you should be able to find one by just searching the net. I don't have my amp-stuff hard-drive here with measurements from the tank. However, I seem to remember G being in the 8kOhm ball park...

Edit, seems Dr Gonzo did the search for you.
              In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

That second link that I attached to the 9EB2C1B won't work either though. It is 800ohms input not 8000ohms. Strange that the only one out there is the Tube Amp Doctor versions.
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

What he said. ^^^ Do NOT replace your busted tank with the E impedance tank. You must get the G impedance tank. :-)
                  In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

The G means 8333 Ohm / 735 Ohm (input impedance / DC) Accutronics does not even list G on their website. ::::::::: Accu Bell Sound Inc :::::::::

Comment

My Carvin Vintage 16 reverb tank went belly up today. It has infinite resistance on the output transducer winding. The Accutronics pan code is 8GB2C1B. I measured the input resistance as 763 ohms. So, it looks like I can sub in the 8EB2C1B, which is listed as 800 ohms input. I'll report back if it works OK.

Comment

The DC resistance and impedance are 2 different things. The G input tank measures around 800ohms (DC) for around 8K impedance.
                        The E input tank measures around 60 ohms for 800 ohm impedance.
                        They are quite different.
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          The DC resistance and impedance are 2 different things. The G input tank measures around 800ohms (DC) for around 8K impedance.
                          The E input tank measures around 60 ohms for 800 ohm impedance.
                          They are quite different.
                          Ooops. Thanks for that. Hopefully I can cancel my order quickly.

Comment

So now my problem is where to source this reverb tank? Tube Amp Doctor in England at 29 pounds + shipping to Indiana......oh geez? None on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                              So now my problem is where to source this reverb tank? Tube Amp Doctor in England at 29 pounds + shipping to Indiana......oh geez? None on ebay.
                              Have you looked at the output transducer? It may be repairable. Tedious, but repairable.. Many times it's just the lead wire has broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X