Ibanez 2350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez 2350

There is a chance I get to rewind two pickups from this guitar. Is there anything I should know about Ibanez humbuckers from 70-71?? The problem is feedback. Do these have something so I should just put them in wax?

They're straight forward to rewind if you have to. However, if microphonics is your problem, just wax pot the whole pickup with the covers on. Of course wipe the wax off the cover with a baby wipe before the wax sets.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

It wasn't just the early 70s Ibanez pickups that squealed like hell. The 80s pickups did too. In the early 80s, I had an 83 Rocket Roll Flying V burst, like ones that Paul Gilbert plays, that was awful in terms of microphonic feedback. That is why I got rid of it (This was before i was enlightened about pickups) Now I wish I had that geetar because it was one of my favs...had a great feel to it.
      www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Dip the pickups fully assembled with the covers on? This method sounds great because no disassembly is required. This would reduce the chance of damaging 70's era Ibanez humbuckers that have suddenly gone microphonic. How long would you recomend leaving the pickups in the hot wax? I have only done single coil pickups and shoot for 10 minutes. Is 10 minutes long enough for covered pickups considering the void space under the cover? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X