Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnet B90 Rebel Schematic/Info?

Hi...

I just bought a Garnet Rebel B90 head (2x6V6, with 'Stinger' distortion) (SN2795) with M212MB or M212M8 (hand written label, so I'm not sure) cabinet (SN1312) Saturday at a garage sale.

Does anyone have a schematic which states what impedance the cabinet should be? The last thing I want to do is arc the output tube sockets or screwup the output transformer by connecting too high impedance speakers to it. Although it should be a 2x12 cab, one of the 12s has been replaced with a 15 - both Marslands. They are both 8 ohm speakers wired in series, so 16 ohms. I'm woried that whoever swapped out the original speaker could conceivably have mis-wired it by wiring it in series instead of parallel. It's wired with about 24 gauge wire, which seems too light for original Garnet manufacturing practices.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

And yes, I sent email to Garnet Amps on Sunday - which seems like a lifetime ago when you're waiting to play with new toys!

Look at Schematic Heaven under bargain bin amps
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Excellent tip, Enzo! The schematic doesn't show the intended output impedance, but JC Maillet indicated that generally Garnets were designed for 4 and 8 ohm operation. So I'll rewire the cab from series to parallel.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X