Boss DD-3 Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DD-3 Delay

I have a DD-3 delay and I am having issues finding the source of the problem. Pedal works fine in the 200mS and 400mS delay settings. When placed in the 800mS position there is a clicking sound from the pedal. Sound gets louder when turning up the Feedback pot and level. I have looked at various points with a scope and I can see the bad section of data but cannot pin it down as to where it is coming from. I see it on the NE570, the 4066 switch and other areas to a lesser degree such as op-amps. It looks like a section of the signal is just missing which causes the D/A to just make a strange output signal. Possibly coming from bad RAM? Any help would be great before I just start changing parts.

Thanks,

BPefx

On the DD-3, I have found, in many units, that all of the 10uf electrolytic capacitors are leaking and a crusty material excretes from the ass end of each one. Replace all of the 10uf electrolytic caps in your pedal and see what happens. There should be a total of 5.

CJLectronics

Comment

DD3 LED off and on issue

Greetings,
      I have a Japan made DD3 that the LED does not stay on when I push the on/off switch down. Is this a transistor/solid state device that is defective or is the switch a latching type switch that should remain closed when pushed down and then remain open when pushed down again? Where can I get a switch for it?
      Thanks
      Dave

Comment

do you have the "mode" switch in "hold?"

Comment

Working...
        X