Silvertone 1484 Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1484 Layout

Does anybody have or know of a link to a site that has a layout for a 1484? I have the schematic and know the amp but want to copy it and change the layout to an easier serviceable amp.

Thanks, KRamps
    The bitterness of low quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price has been forgotten.

Hi, welcome, you only need to post in one place, we'll see it.

I am not sure what you need. Any layout would be for the amp as it is already, which you have in front of you. But you want to rewire it differently, right? Then a new layout is up to you. or are you wanting someone to design a new layout for you?

If you look at a number of amp circuits, you will find them all to be very similar. SHouldn't be too hard to adapt a part board from some other amp with similar features.

In other words, the first stage triode will always have a cathode resistor, and most liklely a bypass cap, there will be a plate load resistor, and the grid will have a resistor. That is all pretty universal, other than the values.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo, sorry if my post is confusing. Yes I have the amp open and have worked on several 1484s and have no issues reading the schematic but the design is tight and cramped. I was just hoping to find a layout that someone has already done and redraw to a more builder/service friendly amp. I may be just making more work for myself but when I look at the amp and look at the layout I can see easier ways to do things. I guess I'm twisted that way. Thanks very much for your advice and I will pen and pad and start at it.
      The bitterness of low quality is remembered
      long after the sweetness of low price has been forgotten.

Comment

Working...
      X