Mission 5E3 on YouTube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 5E3 on YouTube!

One of my recent 5E3 kit builders, Sam Breglia, sent me this YouTube clip so I could hear how nice his Mission 5E3 kit sounded after he built it.
    This is only his second tube amp project.
    I think a little Champ was his first tube amp.
    Although only recording with his camcorder and mic ... he really has nailed that classic Tele/5E3 Deluxe tone.
    Great playing and he did a terrific job in building it from the pictures he sent me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7FvmiWN4VU&fmt=18
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Excellent. Great tone and nice, in-the-pocket playing.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Does the classic Tele/5E3 Deluxe tone include so much hum ?
        It would drive me crazy. I recently bought a DVD with Robin
        Trower and his system (Marshall stack) hums so bad you can
        hardly hear him speak. Fortunately once he starts playing the
        recording switches to internal audio. He probably doesn't hear
        it...

Other than that, I like the playing.

Paul P

Comment

Love the playing on that clip. That was actually the final clip that convinced me to do the build. That and his Summertime Blues clip. I had listened to about every possible Deluxe clip I could find. Very nice playing!

Mine doesn't hum that much. Could be alot of factors contributing to the hum.

Comment

"Does the classic Tele/5E3 Deluxe tone include so much hum ?

No, but some pickups are really sensitive to physical position to the amp, house wiring and local noise generated from room electronics and ... he has it turned up almost all the way!
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

I think I came across a bit too negative on the hum thing, things must be
              pretty loud for the player. I really like the tone, which I fear you can't get
              at low volume, and I'm going to learn a lot by re-watching this video a few
              more dozen times.

Paul P

Comment

I agree that this guy's hum is probably from his guitar. I just experienced
                something similar with a Strat while testing my amp. With the volume up close
                to max I got a noticeable amount of the same noise/hum and thought "oh no !"
                till I determined that it was just the Strat itself.

Again, sorry for sounding like I was criticising the Mission 5E3.

Paul P

Comment

The Mission 5E3 is dead quiet

A viewer directed me to this thread. EVERY BIT of the hum is coming from the guitar. Even then, I could get rid of the hum if I turned the guitar. I already had my lighting and cam set up and just let it rip.

I've never had a problem with the amp since day one and the tone, well, the clips speak for themselves. Yes, the amp was wide open. You also have to bear in mind that camcorders have built-in compressors that will boost even a low level hum. That makes the hum seem a lot worse than it is.

I would post a separate clip of the amp on idle without the guitar plugged in but you wouldn't hear anything!

In the last three seconds of this clip, I turn down the guitar and it is dead silent.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted potential customers to be assured they are getting a quality amp with great tone and ZERO problems.

Sam

Comment

Thanks for jumping in over here Sam.
                    I think most of the players know what I meant about the single pickups being sensitive to hum noise.
                    Your amp is dead quite at idle with the guitar volume down and sounds frickin' excellent. I think you did a great job with the build!
                    Also, I love the fact that you used what I think is the best 15 watt $$$ speaker on the planet.... too bad they are really a stretch in a 20 watt amp.
                    Perfect for anything under that though.
                    I have a customer who is a VOX freak and runs his six or seven 100 watt AC100s and AC50s with a few VOX 4x12 cabinets using all G12 Alnico Blues and WOW!!!
                    He has a wall in one of his spare bedrooms with a bunch of his dead G12 Blue trophy speakers hanging on it!!! No joke he must have at least 7 or 8 blown Alnico Blue speakers but just will not use anything else.
                    Bruce

Mission Amps
                    Denver, CO. 80022
                    www.missionamps.com
                    303-955-2412

Comment

I love Sam's clips, especially since they are all Teles.
                      I had seen many of them right before I decided to build my 5E3 and I get pretty much the same tones...I just wish I could play like him.

What surprised me the most with my finished build is how nice the cleans are that I can get with this amp. I didn't want a full blown grinder and I couldn't be happier with mine.

I have all kinds of noise problems at my house with single coil guitars through any of my amps, and as Bruce and Sam mentioned, turning the guitar in relation to the amp makes a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X