Switchable Bass Boost for JCM900 Dual Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switchable Bass Boost for JCM900 Dual Reverb

So i just got back off nights and reading a bit of stuff on this forum.

I came across this a while ago and decided to give it a go. http://web.aoct.org/marshall/jcm900-gain-mod.txt

Im looking forward to hearing the results, and if anyone else here has done this already. I found some report dotted about saying they liked the changes this brought.

I was reading and i got to thinking about adding switches to go to and from resistor values, or rotary switches to switch caps about in the tone stack.

Anyway... that MASTERPIECE is something i just threw togther in ms paint.
    would something like that work? in theory, thats a 2 position switch going from the standard 100K value of R15, and what is meant to be the mod... only i replaced the 220K resistor with a 100K resister in series with a 100K pot (linear).

the document says 470K defining the boost makes the bass flabby. so i thought id stick in the 100K safety resistor, so you have a familar start point, and then a varible resistor for varible bass boost.

I could mount the pot on the front of the chassis (if it sounds good) and even add a pre-dist mid boost switch across R7 and a high-cut switch affecting R61 & C37. i could go switch mad and attach all the gain boost bits to a switch too. hopefully something pleasing to the eye.

Anyway. if that sounds totally stupid/interesting let me know. this isnt to make my JCM900 sounds like an SLO or anything. its more out of interest than anything else!

cheers!

Have you performed the change you mentioned above? Would you like share its result with us?
    JCM900 100W Dual-Reverb Combo

Comment

Working...
    X