Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My winder in action

winding video

It's a short video. 3.5mb I made this to email to my sis... Just thought I'd share.

Thanks for the video!As someone who is really interested in getting into winding my own pickups,this is the first time I've actually seen it being done.I would love to see more videos like this.

Comment

nice video. nice soundtrack too. Is it an original piece?
      www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

I was curious to see how you were winding pickups. I like it. The winder looks a little Heath Robinson which is like music to my ears. Your finished product looks good too.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
          nice video. nice soundtrack too. Is it an original piece?
          Thanks Kevin, That's my son playing. It's an intro for one of his songs that he's been working on.

Originally posted by Spence
          I was curious to see how you were winding pickups. I like it. The winder looks a little Heath Robinson which is like music to my ears. Your finished product looks good too.
          Thanks; I've been having a lot of fun with this weird science.

Comment

nice work!

I am facinated/interested in PU winding. does the wire ever get kinked coming off the spool? and how do you do coil taps? Nickel or chrome covers? do you notice a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by quazcha View Post
              I am facinated/interested in PU winding.
              Thanks, Check out the pickup makers forum. The FAQ will answer most of your questions. Take caution though. It can be rather addicting.

Comment

Working...
              X