Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzmaster schem?

Okay, let's try this.
    Anyone have a schem for a Fender Jazzmaster mini amp?
    It's part of their Ultralight series.
    It's a little ss thingy and on this particular unit a screw came loose and shorted out the high voltage switching power supply.
    I requested one from Fender but haven't heard back yet, figured I'd hedge my bets.
    Thanks.

As mentioned elsewhere, I emailed Fender as a service center to ask. The schematic for the amp does not include that power supply, nor does the other amp in the ultralight series.

Look on the power supply module itself. Does it say Fender or FMIC? Or is there any other identification as if some contract copany made it? In which case we might contact that maker.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well Fender sent me the one page preamp schematic, that was nice but no power supply or output section.
      I requested this from them, we'll see.

Comment

I heard from them. The PS is proprietary and they can't send me it. I suspect the transistor is a house number.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Dang....
          thanks for trying....I'll have to see if I can draw it out and figure out what's wrong.

It seems pretty close to the switching power supply used in the mini GK amps....you have a print for that? it might help.
          There's a little 10uf cap down the line that even had solder across it's leads in effect shorting it to ground, can't imagine it was supposed to be that way.???

Comment

Working...
          X