Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F2H with Reverb

Hi,

I am thinking about building the 5F2H but with a reverb. I have some questions. First, how is reverb a good thing for a harp amp? Second, I am not going to use the Weber kit, and would like to know what is a good substitute speaker instead of Weber's. Here is my attempt to jam a reverb into the schematic. Can you guys take a look and tell me what you think.

Thx
    Attached Files

Typically adding on board reverb is going to increase gain significantly, I'd be more tempted to use a reverb pedal? You might then find a non-spring reverb, ora delay that you like...it'll keep your options open.

Looking at your schem, the reverb control & volume controls are in parallel with each other, won't they then become interactive? Perhaps have a cap after the volume pot wiper, then inject the reverb between cap and V3 preamp second stage grid, maybe even try injecting reverb right before the power tube?

Kendrick blackframe 10", Eminence Alpha 10"...maybe Eminence 102 if you want alnico.

Comment

Thx for your advice. A couple of harp players I know who are interested in a amp are telling me that they would like reverb for the high freqs. This is why I was trying to jam on in the 5F2H design.

Comment

Originally posted by tubeman View Post
        Thx for your advice. A couple of harp players I know who are interested in a amp are telling me that they would like reverb for the high freqs. This is why I was trying to jam on in the 5F2H design.
        Buy a $100 Line 6, Verbzilla pedal for any tweed type amp with no reverb...the '63' spring setting sounds great!
        http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...m_medium=feed&
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
        X