Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read any good books about pickups or guitars lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read any good books about pickups or guitars lately?

What book have you guys read that made you say 'hmmm... that’s interesting'? Tell us what good books you have read that contain interesting information about the history of guitars, pickups, and amps?

I’ve just finished reading all 3 of Gerald Weber’s books:

A Desktop Reference to Hip Vintage Guitar Amps

Tube Amp Talk for the Guitarist and Tech

Tube Guitar Amplifier Essentials

They are mainly about building and repairing amps but also goes into modding and general setups. I’ve actually read them all twice now just to try and soak up the incredible amount of info.

"Pickups- Winding and Magnets...and the Guitar Became Electric" by Mario Milan is pretty informative.
    -Stan
    ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
    Stan Hinesley Pickups
    FaceBook

Comment

Possum mentioned this one in another thread a while back - interesting stuff about starting up G&L's workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan H View Post
        "Pickups- Winding and Magnets...and the Guitar Became Electric" by Mario Milan is pretty informative.
        I ordered that one last week so now I'm looking forward to it's arrival even more.

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post
        Possum mentioned this one in another thread a while back - interesting stuff about starting up G&L's workshop.
        I'll have to get that one too. And it's even cheaper here in the UK. HA! That never happens.

Cheers
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X