Lead free solder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PremiumPlus View Post
    and stock up on incandescent light bulbs too.
    What do you want those things for? I'm happy every time one burns out now so I can replace it! Except for the fridge and the oven, we don't have any incandescent bulbs left in our house. They generate too much heat and cost way too much money, both in replacing them and in energy costs.

Trying to clean up our act is not making the world a worse place.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Rod Elliott seems to be, well, incandescent with rage over the ban.
      http://sound.westhost.com/articles/incandescent.htm

RG, were they in too deep to dig out with the potato peeler?
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Steve,

Who is this Rod Elliot idiot? Having a few minutes free I open mindedly attempted to view what I assumed was a differing opinion on the light bulb issue but unfortunately I couldn't get past a single paragraph without this guy segwaying (sp?) into another issue. Simply put "he's all over the map." 'Tis a shame as I was looking forward to seeing what the "udder side" was thinking but I'm not sure that this guy thinks (yeah, low blow, but my dissapoinment is profound - sob). Ah well, perhaps it's time we started buying up stocks of Tungsram and Mullard and Phillips light bulbs cuz you know that 70s and 80' kitsch really won't look the same under CFs and it's never too late to start a collection frenzy and cash in on it.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Mercure View Post
          segwaying (sp?)
          Segueing

Originally posted by Rob Mercure View Post
          cuz you know that 70s and 80' kitsch really won't look the same under CFs and it's never too late to start a collection frenzy and cash in on it.
          I like the CF bulbs... they look pretty normal to me. They don't look like florescent lights.

What we need is more black lights.

It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelgl1 View Post
            I'm going to build my first effect pedal. My wife does not want to use 60/40 leaded solder in the house. What are people' opinions on lead free solder?
            Lead free solder is gahbage if you ask me. Causes more problems than it was intended to fix. Tin whiskers over time for one....hmmmm....tin whiskers....sounds like a good screen name
            The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
            X