New web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New web page

I hope you don't consider this spam.I finially got my new web page up and running. Can I get some feed back?
    here's the URL
    http://mysticpickups.com/MysticPickups/Home.html
    I used iWeb on my Mac to make it. Is there any thing I need to add?

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
    I hope you don't consider this spam.I finially got my new web page up and running. Can I get some feed back?
    here's the URL
    http://mysticpickups.com/MysticPickups/Home.html
    I used iWeb on my Mac to make it. Is there any thing I need to add?
    Hey, that looks pretty good.

I've only played with iWeb a little... could never find a template I wanted to use, but you did a nice job in making your own look.

I think you have everything covered...
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I was thinking of adding a photo "how to" page in the future. iWeb is only version #1 and has a lot of limitations but is so easy to use, I can't wait for the next version to come out.

Comment

I'd think about changing out the images of pickups with covers until you start offering them with the covers. I'd imagine prospective buyers would be less likely to order from you if they've got to deal with AllParts as well, and take on the perceived risk of covers not fitting properly, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post
          I'd think about changing out the images of pickups with covers until you start offering them with the covers. I'd imagine prospective buyers would be less likely to order from you if they've got to deal with AllParts as well, and take on the perceived risk of covers not fitting properly, etc.
          Good point. I think I'll just charge $20 for the covers and keep the pictures.

Comment

I think the site looks great - I especially like the exploded pickup diagram, definitely not something I see every day.

One thing I personally like to see is pickup frequency-response graphs (or even 1-10 number assignments for bass/mid/treble, as Dimarzio does), which have helped me greatly in selecting pickups for various guitars over the years. I don't know how you would sweep a pickup for FR, though - maybe a flat-response speaker with a tiny ferrous disk glued to the center of the center cap, and positioned over each pole piece? Just a off-the-top-of-my-head thought from a total non-pickup guy - there's got to be much better methods already in use.

Ray

Comment

I still have a LOT to learn when it comes to measuring My Pickups. Right now, I just measure the DC resistance. I mostly just test them in a guitar and listen to them.

Comment

Great job, Mystic. I especially dig the black background

The exploded view is pretty awesome too!

-Stan
                -Stan
                ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                Stan Hinesley Pickups
                FaceBook

Comment

I got that exploded view off of another web site (I'm sure you've seen it) and I changed it some in photoshop. technically I guess it's not my picture but I'm going to use it anyway, or until their laywers get after me.

Comment

Working...
                  X