Circuit Board issue!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit Board issue!!!!!

I finally obtained the resistor I was needing to fix my Ashdown Peacemaker 60, but somebody had already " worked " on it before I bought it. Whoever worked on it before butchered the trace on it completely. I don't know if there is anyway to fix this or what since my amp is out of production. The trace itself is destroyed for the one resistor the rest of it is fine. If there are any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Is the entire trace destroyed or is there some that is still intact. If there is you might be able to leave the lead on one end of the resistor long enough and remove the conformal coating from the trace and solder the lead from the resistor right to the trace.

Comment

Most likely you'll need to run a wire to the next component the trace(s) used to connect. Check both sides of the board to be sure you got the former top and bottom connections covered.

Comment

It's not that hard ... it seems formidable, but it is doable.
        I know because I did it yesterday.

The two methods are:
        - scrape one end of the trace and solder to it (either a wire or the resistor lead)
        - solder a wire to replace the trace
        See the birth of a 2-watt tube guitar amp - the "Dyno Tweed"
        http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/DynoTweed.html

Comment

Circuit Writer Pen

On tiny cracks I have use a circuit writer pen which has conductive ink by Caig. Your board may need a wire jumper as recommended above.
          Helping musicians optimize their sound.

Comment

Working...
          X