Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried J & Hyde

Hi Folks,

I just plugged the wrong power supply into my Jekyll and Hyde pedal and fried a resistor. It's the only damage to the board, but because it's now black, I can't make out the colour of its stripes. It's the first resistor (I think it's a resistor) next to the input. I'm going to replace it. Does anyone know what it would be?

You might e-mail Visual Sound. I had a 1-Spot die on me, and they were great. Sent me a replacement lickedy-split.

Comment

Thanks, Trevorus. Much appreciated. I'll give that a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tubular View Post
        Thanks, Trevorus. Much appreciated. I'll give that a shot.
        No prob. I was able to get a full schematic when I had to repair a Rocktron pedal.

Comment

If its the Red cased one I may be of some help.
          I presume when you say "near the input" you mean near the DC input not the audio input.
          Looking at the back of the board with the DC socket nearest you going from the left of the socket towards the "out" connection ie right to left is as follows diode,(1n4002 or similar for power protection )wire link,R17 47k,R20 47K and C19 100uf/25v.
          The two 47k's form a divider for the CD4053 IC which may also need replacing.
          I would have thought the diode would have shorted/burnt out.
          Im working from very rough sketches I did when one was brought to me that had been dropped (more Hyde than Jekyll) and as I recall the pots terminations (the pcb donuts) had broken away from the fall.
          The input resistor R59 (can't remember if I numbered them or its on the board) to the right where the audio goes in is 100 ohms.
          Hope thats of some use.

Comment

Working...
          X