• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the Les Paul Push Tone

Pickup testing guitar anyone?

Complete with on board buffer...

Les Paul Push Tone

The ability to change pickups by simply unhooking them and pushing them out of the guitar represents a huge—and extremely practical—innovation for guitarists. Gibson USA is proud to introduce the new Les Paul Push Tone—Guitar of the Month for May 2008. Changing pickups has never been easier.

A new Gibson-designed system allows players to push the pickups out of the guitar, disconnect the wire clips, and plug in a new set of pickups in a matter of minutes. The new Les Paul Push Tone comes with two sets of Gibson pickups—a set of Burstbucker Pros and a set of P-94s. Go from the vintage humbucker tone of Gibson’s legendary Burstbuckers, to the punchy and sweet tone of the humbucker-size, single-coil P-94s—or mix and match the two for a broad selection of tonal combinations.

The electronics of the Les Paul Push Tone offer a high-fidelity boost with the addition of Gibson-designed, 24K gold-plated potentiometers manufactured by Bourns—one of the world’s leading makers of electronic components for guitars. A newly designed output jack from Neutrik—renowned makers of audio and video connectors—locks your guitar cord in place, preventing the unexpected loss of connection.

The body is solid mahogany with a beautiful AAA figured maple top, an Antique Natural finish, and a matched bridge and tailpiece set from TonePros. The neck is one-piece mahogany with Gibson’s traditional ’50s rounded profile, an ebony fingerboard with maple fretboard inlays unique only to the Les Paul Push Tone, and locking Grover tuners. The new Les Paul Push Tone comes with a custom Guitar of the Month case from Gibson USA.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

?????

how the heck do those pickups come out? I'm assuming they are stock pickups with legs? They don't show how it works at all I can see. They sure are coming out with some strange stuff lately, the Robo guitar being the strangest of alll...
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

They must pop out the back. I'm assuming they mount to some kind of contraption.

They sure are coming out with some gimmicky stuff.

They have a lot of weird recent patents on signal processing and stuff.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Thats probably why there is no picture of the back of the guitar, afraid they'd scare off buyers with something thats probably very un-Les Paul...
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Check out this eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290225273889

Also, have a look at this.

http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant...y_Code=EG-MERC

Comment

What's new about neutrik locking jacks?? I've been using those for 20 years now. The bridge pickup is tilted way back like there's something wrong with the mounting system.

Comment

Hmmm

Ok, what? Is David and Possum both night owls now? I knew possum was but now David?? I am up cuz I gotta get ready for work...

Comment

I think I must be the worst nite owl I ever met, except for one other guy on the planet earth. The sun is coming up so its time for me to go to bed :-)
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  I think I must be the worst nite owl I ever met, except for one other guy on the planet earth. The sun is coming up so its time for me to go to bed :-)
                  I AM that guy! I do my grocery shopping at 3:30 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                    They must pop out the back. I'm assuming they mount to some kind of contraption.

They sure are coming out with some gimmicky stuff.

They have a lot of weird recent patents on signal processing and stuff.
                    If the intent is to facilitate quick changeover, then loosening and retuning the strings would have to be part of the equation. The only way around that is rear-mounting.

Certainly makes for a cleaner look. I gather the springs would go between the ickup and the top, rather than underneath the pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by madialex View Post
                      Ok, what? Is David and Possum both night owls now? I knew possum was but now David?? I am up cuz I gotta get ready for work...
                      I work from 10 PM to 6 AM at my "day" job. So I was at work when I posted that.

So I beat everyone here for Night Owl status.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
                        If the intent is to facilitate quick changeover, then loosening and retuning the strings would have to be part of the equation. The only way around that is rear-mounting.

Certainly makes for a cleaner look. I gather the springs would go between the ickup and the top, rather than underneath the pickups.
                        It's a good idea, but I wonder how well it will do commercially.

It's certainly not the first time I was done. I remember seeing a guitar back in the 80's when I was at American Showster that had interchangeable pickups that popped out the back. I think it used JB Player pickups... remember those?

I like the way it looks with no pickup rings.

Comment

Gibson did this a decade or more ago for a certain number of their dealers to demo various pickups in stores. I saw one about 10 yrs. ago at a local Gibson dealer with several of the pickup "blocks" that fit in from the back. It was more rough-cut looking than the one they're making now, but basically the same idea.

Nothing new.
                          Jack Briggs

sigpic
                          www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Johan Lundgren (www.lundgren.se) has a similar guitar for showcasing his entire range of pickups. I stood shoulder to shoulder with him at a local guitar trade show last November (really great guy). In his version the pickups slide in from above. He usually get quite a few offers to buy that particular guitar during shows...

And I also remember that LP that Gibson gave to the bigger shops for showcasing different pickups. Very crude wood work, but a nice idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                              Thats probably why there is no picture of the back of the guitar, afraid they'd scare off buyers with something thats probably very un-Les Paul...
                              Click on the "360" to see the back of the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X