Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folded Line/OC Electronics Type 51 Reverb tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folded Line/OC Electronics Type 51 Reverb tank?

I have one of these, but I am unsure of its specs and I've never seen any info on this type online. Does anyone know the input impedance/output impedance? Anything it might have been used in with available schematics? I know that folded line/OC electronics split off from Hammond/Gibbs quite a while ago, and were either reabsorbed or went out of business. The tank also has the choice line "Made by beautiful women in Wisonsin" and "under controlled atmospheric conditions" or something like it on the label. The DCR of both input and output are similar. Is it a high impedance (for cap-coupled) or low impedance (transformer coupled) input? Any info would be appreciated!

WHo knows what options, but they worked exactly as the others. If the two ends meaasure roughly the same, approach it like you would an Accutronics. Chances are it is a higher Z drive end, like an EB type pan. The transformer driven pans have low impedance, like a tiny speaker, and so very low resistance. Use the DC resistance examples Accutronics publishes for theirs.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've not had much experience with the cap-coupled designs, and I've been happy with transformer coupled–I think I may just use one of my 150ohm accutronics type 4s for the next project. Thanks Enzo!

Comment

Those OC pans sound like shit if you ask me. Weird design.
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Cal from Accutronics can help!

I had a type 56 OC tank, and the folks at Accutronics gave me their no's for the different replacements,(type 4,8,9,). Check with Cal, cal@sepigroup.com.

Comment

Working...
          X