No announcement yet.

Peavey 115 TI floor monitor parts Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 115 TI floor monitor parts Help.

Hello, I am new here and hope I came to the right place. I have a Peavey 115 TI floor monitor thats need a new Potentiometer , I believe it is for volume. All I can find on the old rather large pot is B50 and the ohm symbol.

Please and thanks.

StRaNgErOcK

That's probably an attenuator for the high frequency (tweeter), and can be had for very reasonable cost through Peavey. It should not cause the entire thing to crap out - only the tweeter. The B50 ohm marking indicates it is a linear-taper 50 ohm value, and I think it is probably a wire-wound type of some relatively high power rating (10W to 50W)

If the problem is no output whatsoever you might have some bad jacks (previous experience speaking) - the "sleeve" connection becomes loose & loses contact with its terminal. One tell-tale is if you loosen the jack mounting nuts and can then turn the threaded part easily they are probably goofed.

Unfortunately Peavey's site seems to be down at this moment...

But when they are back up try: http://www.peavey.com and look for the contact info for parts.

Comment

Thankyou very much for the info , I bought the unit with a blown 15" , for cheap and I have a spare. The guy who sold it said he thought the crossover was bad and thats why the speaker went but it tests good, I can see burn marks on the attenuator and the unit works but cuts out all together when I turn the knob.

I will check back with Peavey in a couple days.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Actually, I think it is a rheostat. On some of the old PV floor wedges, they added that as an overall level control, so each monitor could be turned down a little. On these rheostats, the moving wiper was exposed, and the surface it wiped along was actual wire turns, it was wirewound after all. it was simply wired in series with the jack.

If you call PV parts, I bet they can fix you up.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X