Fender Performer Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Performer Problems.

I Have A Fender Performer 1000 And When I'm Playing It Cuts Out And When It Does It Seems As If It Is Switching Channels. The Led For Switching Between The Two Distortion Channels Blinks Back And Forth Rapidly. Can Anyone Give Me Some Suggestions On What May Be Causing This Problem?

Originally posted by JSNORTIN View Post
    I Have A Fender Performer 1000 And When I'm Playing It Cuts Out And When It Does It Seems As If It Is Switching Channels. The Led For Switching Between The Two Distortion Channels Blinks Back And Forth Rapidly. Can Anyone Give Me Some Suggestions On What May Be Causing This Problem?
    If I remember correctly, that amp uses a voltage level foot switching system, so that a single 1/4" cable can handle 3 switching functions. Are you using the footswitch?

Check the Footswitch jack and cable, as well as the channel select switch. I've also seen the footswitches themselves cause problems with loose connections or open leds.

If all of this checks out ok, then I'd check for loose parts, bad solder joints on the switch jack or bad connections in the switching circuit.

Comment

Yes, first thing remove the footswitch and cable. If the amp still does this, then the amp is troubled, otherwise the problem is in the FS or cord.

if in the amp, I'd be checking ALL the diodes involved in the switching circuits. I'd also verify the +/-15VDC supplies are both up to voltage and clean.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X