The Amp Cabinet Co...any coments??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amp Cabinet Co...any coments??

I placed an order 6 weeks ago with an online company called The Amp cabinet co. The guy, Mike Charon said that the lead time for a custom head cab was running 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I emailed him and asked how the amp was coming along and when could I expect delivery. It took about a week for him to email me back. He apologized, said he was busy but he would be able to get right on my amp that week. Well it's been 3 more weeks and I haven't heard from him. I emailed him; a few days ago I called a left a message for him to get back to me. It didn't take him long to bill my credit card and now I'm not sure if I'll ever get the head cab. Anyone out there ever deal with this company??
    Normybaby

The guy Mike finally emailed me back and apologized; said that he had some personal things come up and that my amp cab was finished except for the mounting the handle and he would ship it out Friday. He seems sincere. I'll update after I receive the cab and report on the quality
    Normy

Comment

Mini Marshall Head Cabinet

Update: received the Cabinet today; I must say it is a superb job. The construction and the TOLEX fit-up are excellent. Mike Charon and The Amp Cab Co came thru and did a great job.
      Thanks
      Normybaby

Comment

Nice to see a happy ending to this story. When you buy something on the
        Internet there's always the background worry that you may have just thrown
        your money out the window. Any delays just makes the worry stronger. It's
        kind of impressive that so much good business can take place between
        perfect strangers, buying stuff sight unseen (I'm not sure I'd include ebay
        in this remark though I have bought a lot of good stuff through it).

Paul P

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I have to admit that I'm always worried when buying online that I'm going to be one of those horror stories that you hear about… but so far so good. I agree, it is amazing...or, maybe not.... I guess they’re are a lot of trustworthy honest people out there who live by the golden rule
          Thank God
          Normybaby

Comment

glad to hear the outcome

I am in the waiting process for a head cab from Mike currently going on five weeks. I haven't heard anything in the last week other than the cab was supposed to be shipped out last Friday. I am encouraged that he finally came through. It is probably a side business that he is working, so I'd take the lead times with a grain of salt.

When I received the head cab, I will post in here again,

Comment

Great heads up thread

Wow.. very timely.
              I'm super glad to hear about this... I was considering having him to a couple custom cabs for me but not now... no way would I be able to hold my two customers back from stringing me up with delays like that.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

I actually bought another cab from him after he apologized about the hold up on the first cab and told me that he would give me a discount on the next order. I like the cab because he's the only one that has an opening vent right over the preamp and power tube section as well as the back. This really works out well. He actually emailed me with a question about the chassis mounting holes and that he would finish up and send the cab soon. Several weeks later, I had to call him again and ask when I was going to get my cab. Well, the cab finally came in but it was missing the handle screw covers. He apologized and told me that he would ship them out to me. I received an envelope from him only to find that it had torn open at the seal and there was nothing in it. I ended up ordering some covers from mojo

Comment

One of the guys over @ sewatt forums had a problem as well (months waiting on a cab).

Comment

I'll hold on judgement.

I'll see what I hear in the next week or two. I've only put down a deposit and he did say I could pay the balance when I received the head cabinet. Worst case is I'd be out the deposit money.

I'll follow up with a phone call this week. I'd prefer to get the product - It is really only overdue by a couple weeks at this point, maybe he had some adjustments to make to the final product. I'll stay optimistic for now.

- john .

Comment

Man, it just scares the heck out of ya when businesses treat their customers like this. Sadly it reflects on all businesses though. The irony of it all is a lot of these guys are good at what they do (building amps, cabinets, or whatever) but as business owners they simply fail miserably when it comes to deadlines or honest communication with their customers.

I have a D-lite 22 kit (Dumble clone) that I got as a gift. Now I'm getting ready to look for someone to build a head cabinet for it. I guess the best thing to do is just buy it from the guys who sell the kit. But like most of us.... it'd be nice to save a few bucks and find someone willing to do one for a little less!

Comment

No communication = chargeback.
                        ~F
                        "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Comment

Update.

I received a communication w/ explanation. Looking for a positive outcome. Hopefully all is good.

Comment

Hoping to hear something this week - I put down a deposit and waiting for the product to pay the balance.

-john r.

Comment

I ordered one from him Tues. The way I see it he has 50 days before I dispute charges. I'm sure hes doing it in his spare time and I'm not in a rush to get it. Plus its cheaper and he offers things I cant' get elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X