No announcement yet.

The Amp Cabinet Co...any coments??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I should have the head cab by early next week at the latest. I will post when it arrives. Mike sent me a few emails lately giving me an update. I wasn't in a huge rush -

I am looking forward to receiving the cabinet and completing my project amp.

If I build another kit amp I might go for the medium custom head.

Comment

good news - D'lite head shell - The Amp Cabinet Co.

The suspense is over. I received three large packages from UPS today, two ASW speakers and the completed D'Lite head shell.

First - visual inspection on the head - flawless, nice tolex work and attention to detail. I have to get another D2F cover to protect this one

Second - does it fit? We went over the dimensions a few times since it wasnt' "dumble standard" and I certainly understand the need to be 100% sure on the dimensions. Good news, it fits ! I left the responsibility to drill the chassis mounting screw holes myself. I will make a template and be extremely careful.

Overall I am very pleased with the way this turned out. - yeah , it did take some time and there were a few gaps in communication. But I did say I wasn't in a hurry. I still have a few things to connect up to finish this kit amp. I plan on doing so in the coming weeks and have it ready for some March gigs.

Thanks Mike!

Comment

one shot of the whole rig

Comment

Cool looking Head and Cab, Love it!
          Yes, I'm happy with the quality of my cabs; he does offer some options you can't get elswhere unless you pay big bucks for the changes. I will probably go back for my next cab.
          Normybaby

Comment

Wow! Cabs look slick!

Comment

Originally posted by echuta13 View Post
              Wow! Cabs look slick!
              Thanks -

I just loaded the speaker cab up with an Austin Speaker Works Elegante Alnico in the top and an ASW KTS-60 in the bottom. Unfortunately I finished doing this at 12:30 AM, so testing it out was not a practical idea. Looking forward to testing these out ...

Comment

Wish I would have seen this thread last weak before I ordered my tweed deluxe cab , http://www.ampcabco.com/deluxe.htm I might have paid a little more to have timely service . Oh well , nice to know he does good work . He sure took my order and full payment quick ! I'll let you know how it comes out .

Comment

If the guy does great work, he likely has a lot of business, and gets behind most of the time. Not new in any business. For the amp building hobby, a long wait would be better than having to rework a cab a bit to make it work because it wasn't built correctly (been there)

BILL

Comment

Yes, that is correct. It wasn't the wait that got me, it was the fear of the unknown; not knowing when or if I was ever going to receive that cab. I’m real big on communication…for me, that’s all that was needed
                    Norm

Comment

I guess he needs to improve his communications skills

Comment

Amp Cab Co

http://www.myspace.com/103699727

If you want to put a face and a little personality to who your dealing with...

Comment

Ok , I'm satisfied . Good price , nice job , if you aren't in a hurry you can save a few bucks .

Comment

I'm not sure - but the web page has been down recently. He may have shut down the business. Even though the time frames were long at times, he did seem to get the product out and do a good job.

Anyone here anything?

This Web site coming soon

Comment

I ordered a cab the 26th of May and have not recieved it yet! He hasnt answered my emails for over a month and his phone number does not work. I did pay for it.
                              I'm getting pretty sure that I'm never gonna see that cabinet..
                              I'm so frustrated with this guy.. as you can understand.
                              If anyone have another phonenumber/email i really would like to have it.

Anyone else?
                              Last edited by arnqvist; 10-02-2009, 10:06 AM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

I thought he had the best shortbox Marshall head cab out there. If I do another kit amp it will probably be a Ceriatone 2550 Jube and I was considering taking a chance on ordering again, even though there were delays on my head. I guess I would have to look at alternatives if this guy shut down. His myspace is still up without much on it.

-jr

Comment

Working...
                                X