Need help to ID octave pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to ID octave pedal

I'm wondering if anyone can help me ID this octave pedal. I just got it and it has no make or model stamped anywhere either inside or outside. The case is plastic and looks very similar to an Arion but it's not. Also it intermittently makes "farting" noises (for lack of a better description) when the octave level control is turned up. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Could be Rogue. Try here: http://filters.muziq.be/type/octaver and see if any of the various Arion equivalents look like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
      Could be Rogue. Try here: http://filters.muziq.be/type/octaver and see if any of the various Arion equivalents look like it.
      If you follow Mark's link, there seem to be 4-5 that look identical to yours, with different names applied. Look at any of the ones marked OCT-5, Pick-Boy, etc.

The "farting" may be the divider losing tracking of the note being played, and instead dividing a stray hum signal. Some designs are touchy about input signal strength and clarity. It's like trying to play two notes at the same time, the divider doesn't know what signal to lock on to.

Does this "farting" happen as the guitar signal is starting to fade out?

Comment

Thanks Bill. My work web-connection prevents me from seeing a number of sites like photobucket. I clicked on that link and got a blank screen and "Done" at the bottom of the browser so I figured it was one of those. Turns out it was a momentary hiccup in web access. Thanks for picking up the slack for me.

Comment

Mark:
          You do so much of the heavy lifting around here, it's a pleasure to be able to chip in once in a while. (Pun intended)

Comment

Working...
          X