Mackie SDR24/96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie SDR24/96

Anybody know where I can get a 1.1 Eprom chip for a Mackie SDR24/96 hard disk recorder. Mackie Tech Support says they have no parts for such an old recorder. FIVE years old!!! Am I allowed to swear here?

Ooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!

http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...ghlight=mackie

Comment

Jag what are the consumer laws like there. There is some obscure ruling that a company has to provide parts/service for a minimum period.. somtimes that works wonders although they probably will be reluctant to talk to you again.
      Another alternative is to find and borrow a working machine and have the eprom copied I was fortunate once to have a friend at a university that had access to this kinda gear.Just my musings on the subject.
      Good Luck !

Comment

Thanks OC!

Actually, the guy I'm talking to at LoudTech is being very helpful. He's looking into whether he can send me the code for the EPROM. I own an IT consulting company and won't have a problem making my own EPROM as long as I can get the code.

I'm acually suspecting my problem might be with the analog I/O board and they can send me one of those for a really fair price. I'm not really sure I want to replace the board without the 1.1 EPROM though. There are other known issues with v1.0 that just make it not worth the risk. If I can't get the code, I'll probably cut my losses and go back to the ADAT platform.

Since my recorder is already five years old and the original release of this model was almost six years ago, I don't think the consumer laws will be much help. If I have a really bad day tomorrow I might look into it though ;-)

Comment

sdr2496 EPROM

Hi Jag.
          Did you ever have any luck with your eprom code from LOUD?
          Cheers,
          David.

Comment

Working...
          X