No announcement yet.

My new toy. Old Eminar amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Zedric, Have you had a chance to get some pics of your eminar yet mate?

I didn't get a cab with this. It actually belongs to a friend, i believe it was found at a garage sale.

He said i had 2 options. I could have a go at fixing it for him and he would pay me for my trouble or i could have a go at fixing it and throw him a few bucks to keep it. Think i will go with option B lol.

Cheers

Gary

Comment

All things Eminar
      Eminar

Schematics 150watt PA
      Circuits for the Eminar PA above, traced, drafted, and kindly provided by Joe (amp_mangler)
      5 channel input mixer (200kb)
      http://www.ozvalveamps.org/eminar/em...puts5cctjb.gif
      and quad 6CA7 output (180kb).
      http://www.ozvalveamps.org/eminar/em...puts5cctjb.gif

More like your amp
      Underchassis full size.

And another (see the P606 by Stephen Bruce)
      Underchassis full size

Power supply circuit
      http://www.ozvalveamps.org/eminar/em...circuit-sb.png

Comment

Hi Gary, I'm really sorry that I haven't had a chance yet but I will soon. I have been working non stop (weekends and all) for the last three months and on top of that last Thursday I strained my back and was unable to walk let alone work, I was stuck on the floor at home for three days and could not even crawl, but now my back feels allot better so I hope to be back at work in a couple of days. Any way I noticed that your beast has 6 output tubes, mine only has 4. You are going to need some serious cabs for that thing. I'll try to have some pics for you by the weekend. seeya.

P.S. Option B is the go lol.

Comment

Hi all,
          I recently bought an Eminar amp very similar to the one under discussion in the this thread.
          In fact I thought it was exactly the same until I removed the chassis and saw "160W Bass".
          Serial number is 3637
          Mine also has an extra jack input on the front - not connected to anything other than a couple of capacitors at the moment.....?!?
          Hooked it up to my Davis Eden 4X10 - my strat sounded fantastic through it! However my P Bass sounded very distorted even at lower volumes...
          Is that an indication that a re-valve is needed?
          I also have the chance to buy the matching Eminar 2X15 cab. However I'm really intending to use this for guitar - would a 2 X 12 or 2 X 10 work for me??
          I don't need the full heavy rock sound, its the cleaner tones I'm after on the whole....

Happy to post pics if anybody is interested

Jamie

Comment

Hi Jamie, mine is bass amp also. I use it with the original 2x15 cab and it sounds awsome for bass and guitar although the sound with a 6 string can be a bit too chunky. For now i'm running it in stereo with a 100w JCM800 which gives the middle crunch and between them both I get a very full sound. I can remeber when I first put new tubes in (Groove Tubes) 6550 output, 12AX7 preamp, clean sound with fairly new strings it sounded like a grand piano. As far as speakers go only use 12" mids for guitar and 15" or 10" woofers for bass. I've never used 12's on the Eminar but my dick head brother did and it sounded a bit tinny, I'm not sure if it was the cab or his setup so it's something you'll have to try. I think even though it's a bass amp the preamp circuit probably wont be a problem I think the inductence of the output transformer would most likely be the limitation on the overall sound, that being said I have never felt a need to use anything else exept the 2"x15" cab and I use it for a guitar 99% of the time

Comment

To Gary, I haven't bothered to post any pic's because oc disorder has. Please let me know how you are going with your beast.

Comment

Thanks Zedric!
                Maybe I'll get that 2X15 - looked heavy though - ouch!
                How about that mystery jack input, near the "middle" fader - any idea?

cheers

Jamie

Comment

Working...
                X