looking for input on 5e7 speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for input on 5e7 speakers

I need a speaker or two for a 5e7 build. I have a Jensen reissue c10q and a Weber sig 10s Alnico. I tried them both in my 66 Princeton. They both sounded pretty good. I wound up putting the original Jensen c10r back in. I was thinking about getting two Weber 10a125's and using them with one of the other speakers I already have. Also 20 or 30 watt (dope) ? not sure either. Any advice on this would be helpfull. Playing blues rock stuff. I really like Sue Foley,s sound. I think she plays through a Bassman ri

Thanks John

When I built my 5F4 I tried a number of different combinations, but ended-up with a Weber C10Q-type and an Eminence Copperhead.

Comment

I had a 5E7 clone and I like the reissue Jensen P10R speakers in that amp best (they are the most correct speaker IMO). I also tried vintage reconed Jensen P10R speakers in the amp, but the reissues sounded close enough to me so I sold the vintage speakers. The newer Fender reissue Super Reverb, the reissue tweed Bassman, and the VibroKing use the reissue P10R speakers and they sound great IMO.

I ended up selling the amp on the gear page and the buyer did not want the speakers, so I discounted the amp price and sold it without speakers. I now have 3 speakers that I am going to sell at a good price if you are interested. I have fantastic ebay feedback, etc. Email at carlharris at satx.rr.com if you are interested. The speakers are less than 3 months old and you can still see them in my ebay feedback where I bought them from Orange County Speaker.

Comment

5e7 speakers

Carl thanks for the reply, I just ordered some Webers, a 10a100t and a pair of 10a125's Thanks for the info and good luck with the sale. I dont think you will have a hard time selling them. I hear goodthings about the Jensens.

John

Comment

Working...
        X