Having trouble with wah true bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with wah true bypass

I am trying to make 2 of my wahs true bypass. They both work fine when they are turned on. The problem is when the bypass is engaged I get no sound?? The weird thing is that I've done it on 2 of my wahs and the same thing with both. I have gone over the wiring on both of them many times and I know I got it right as per this site

http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm. I left the buffers in for now. This has got me stumped because I tested the switches with my continuity tester and they test good. Only thing I can think is that there is something wrong with my ground. So I tried many different grounds on the PCB and still nothing.

I'm lost on this one guys, your help is very much appreciated. Perhaps some of you who have successfully done the dunlop wah true bypass mod could shine a different light on this for me.

Thanks

ERic
    ~~~Great spirits have always encountered violent
    opposition from mediocre minds. ~~~Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Thank You to all the great people on this site for helping me learn how to harness the power of the electron for good ... TONE!

wow... I don't understand the switch layout... maybe I'm missing something... however here's what to do:

remove the jumper wire on the switch and remove the ground connection from the switch. Install the jumper wire across the 2 lower lugs (see picture on link you posted), then move the green wire to the top left lug. that should do it... unless I'm missing something. It's weird, the way it says to do it would cause the input to be grounded (leading to no input signal) when in bypass mode.

Comment

That switching circuit is the one that was originally found in Fuzz Faces. It not only true bypasses the circuit, but it also grounds the input of the FX when it is in bypass mode.

The only way that I can see it working in on mode, but not working in bypass mode would be if the input wires - green to the input jack and red to the FX input - were reversed.

Comment

it shouldn't matter if the board input is grounded when in bypass mode because in true-bypass the output of the board is also disconnected... right?

Comment

Lowell Thanks a million man They work.

Eric
          ~~~Great spirits have always encountered violent
          opposition from mediocre minds. ~~~Albert Einstein
          sigpic

Thank You to all the great people on this site for helping me learn how to harness the power of the electron for good ... TONE!

Comment

great! glad I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by lowell View Post
              it shouldn't matter if the board input is grounded when in bypass mode because in true-bypass the output of the board is also disconnected... right?
              Doesn't matter on a wah, but on a high gain circuit like a fuzz it kills the noise, etc. from being sent through the circuit, adding noise to the signal, even in bypass mode.

Comment

ok yeah that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X